I have mentioned before that Gabby likes to snuggle anything that is soft. Lately, she has 3 items that she must have with her most of the time. She has her lovies (3 old, but very soft burp cloths from when Kaydance was a baby-go figure), a blanket and her doll that she got from Santa for Christmas. She will almost always want to crawl up into mine or Damon's lap with all 3 things in tow. Oh, and then of course she sticks her thumb in her mouth. So, the combination of having her 'stuff' with her all the time means that she is also sucking her thumb all the time. I think it's darling, even if it does show signs that she is feeling insecure about the world around her. But, I would like the thumb sucking to go away. It stresses me out, but it's all part of growing up, right?As my kids grow, I become more appreciative of the little things that they do when they are in this stage of discovering. I don't always appreciate the wipes being pulled out all over the floor, or the toothbrushes all over the house, or the books pulled off the shelves, or the toilet paper pulled all the way off the roll. But, it's cute moments like this that make it somewhat worth it. This is Gabby rocking her Sunday dress and sitting in the humidifier (minus the water container) of all places.
This little gal is busy! She keeps me on my toes and if I decide to get off my toes for a while, then I usually have a nice mess to clean up. Little stinker. Good thing she is cute as cute can be!
No comments:
Post a Comment