But, on a lighter note, I did just upload all the photos I need get me up to date. They are all in their appropriate post and now all I need to do is write the posts. That's all. That tiny little minuscule thing that I claim to love to do so much. Put the words on paper (or computer screen). Why, oh why, has that been so hard for me lately? If I were to be completely honest, I would tell you that it is because I have let my almost 2 year old take over my life and computer. More hours of my computer's day are spent streaming Yo Gabba Gabba than not. That's only if I am being completely honest though.
In the month of my neglectfulness, I would love to tell you that nothing has happened. That is not so. We have had a birthday, Easter, spring break (a trip to the zoo AND a hiking post will soon be born from this), my grandma's 90th birthday, and a baptism. *sigh* I would stay up late to post all of this, but you, my faithful readers, will have to wait. My alarm is set for 5:30 a.m. and I need to log some zzz's. Let me feed you a little morsel that is Landen's Birthday before I crash for the night:
Landen turned 8. 8! I can't believe that this kiddo has been around kicking my parenting butt for 8 whole years. I adore him. We started out the day with what has become our traditional treasure hunt for the birthday presents. Landen's were hidden in the garage refrigerator this year. I am going to have to get creative with hiding places over the coming years. As if the refrigerator isn't creative enough.
I found myself a little stymied as to what to get him for his birthday this year. We went with the trusty Legos and he was super, duper excited about them when he opened them. They are still sitting in his room. Never put together. He is just too busy.
Because it was his 8th birthday, we pulled out all the stops and let him have a birthday party. And by that I mean that we took all these boys somewhere else so that I didn't have to clean, cook, and then entertain 8 boys for 2 hours. Laser tag and pizza at the bowling alley. Yes!
We have also started a little fun tradition of filling the kids' rooms with balloons while they are sleeping so that they are reminded first thing in the morning that it is their special day. Like they need any reminders. They soon discovered that if they rubbed the balloons on their poor, unsuspecting, baby sister's head that the balloons would stick to the wall. It kept them entertained for at least half an hour, so I am not complaining.
Birthdays are busy, crazy and hectic at our house, but I want to make my kids feel special so I will put up with it for a day. I think that Landen's was pretty great this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment