Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

It was my family's turn for Thanksgiving this year, so we made the trek down to Cedar. We were very lucky to have my older sister and her boys with us this year. My dad had back surgery the week before Thanksgiving and she drove all the way from Portland, OR to take care of him after he got home from the hospital. Not ideal circumstances, but she is one of my favorite people so I will take any time I can get with her. Because she was staying at my parents' house, Damon and I decided to get a hotel. Damon got us a "family suite" which included a full kitchen and we had our own separate bedroom. Score!

I love this picture of Damon and my dad. My dad has been working on restoring this truck for several years and he was showing it off to Damon. It just speaks to me of maleness and I love it.
Old Tom Turkey made another appearance this year. I bought extra feathers for him because there were extra cousins about. I think the kids had fun hunting down all those feathers. Even if it was a little chaotic.
These two little stinkers were playing so cute together, so I wanted to get a shot of them. I took 2 pictures. Gabby had her eyes closed in one and Max had his eyes closed in the other. Sorry, Todd. I put the good one of Gabby in and your kid looks funny. But, it's my blog so I can do what I want. Neiner neiner.

We got all the kids together to take a picture of them. It was Braden's birthday on Thanksgiving. The first time it has happened since the day he was born. I remember going to visit them at the hospital in GA when he was born and that seems like not too long ago. Yeah, he's 11. Crazy.
I love my brother and sisters. They are such awesome people.

Something about this picture just melts me. Two little human beings tromping through the snow. Walking side by side. I may want to reenact this picture again someday when they have grown a bit.

Gabby discovered why we wear gloves when we play in the snow. It's cold. I haven't had one problem convincing her to wear mittens since this little incident.

We had a great weekend. Lots of fun and laughter. Good times spent with great peeps. Love them all!

1 comment:

Todd and Susie said...

Neiner neiner whatever, Max looks stunning!