Wednesday, December 25, 2013

It's Christmas!!

After lots and lots of waiting, the big day did finally make it to our house. Even as I tried to simplify this year, I found myself thinking how much work it is. It is a lot of work. But, I would do it 10 times over to see the light in my kids' eyes. We had a great Christmas this year. The kids were allowed to ask for 3 things from Santa:  something to play with, something to wear and something to read. This worked so well for us. It kept things very straightforward and easier for me.
We "wrapped" up the living room by putting wrapping paper across the hallway so that there could be absolutely no peeking. We had a few problems with this last year and I thought we would nip it in the bud. The kids thought it was great and mom and dad got an extra hour or so of sleep out of it. Win win. Well, except for the part where just as we were putting on the last piece of tape, our youngest threw up in her bed and we had just blocked off access to the laundry. Poor thing. But, what would Christmas be without a little puke?


Kaydance loved her books from Santa. I love that this girl loves to read. It does my heart good to see her curled up with a book.

Cooper got a race car track for his hundreds of Hot Wheels cars. He was rather impressed.

Gabby got a little pop up princess tent. She loved, it and it has started us on our journey to changing her to a big girl bed. I'm not quite sure that I am ready for that.

Kaydance and Landen got their very own tablets from Santa. Kindle Fires. They were over the moon about them, but I think that Mom and Dad may have matched his game with these two. We got Landen this totally awesome Lego set.

I think that he was also rather impressed.

My husband got totally spoiled for Christmas this year. This rather large gift was not only difficult to hide, (I picked it up in October!) but really hard to wrap! It was a "Little Giants" ladder that I got a great deal on. We have already put it to good use.

He also got a cross bow, which is what he wanted. I almost didn't get it because it was so close to Christmas when he asked me for it, but I am a sucker for that smile. And Amazon Prime saved my behind this year. I really don't like shopping and that online business in the bomb.

Since I am the picture taker, I am never in any of the pictures. But, I was also there this Christmas morning. I got some new sunglasses. I love them.

Apparently, I need to see the world through rose colored glasses. Or so my hubby thinks. He says they came as a freebie with the other glasses.

I also did nearly as well as Santa with Kaydance this year. She couldn't stop talking about Nerf Rebelle, and how much she wanted this stuff. So, I hooked her up. She is all set to go toe to toe with the boys in a Nerf war. Gotta keep my girl in competition with those boys.

Cooper with his set up race car track. Pretty cool, huh?

Kaydance showing off two of her gifts. Her new Kindle Fire and a sleep mask. She bugged me about getting one for her. Luckily, her brother stepped up and picked one up for her. Once she slept in it and realized that it moves and falls to around her neck at night, she wasn't so excited about it. But at this moment she was.

I should also mention that I got spoiled this year. I got my very own lap top! Squeee! I am super excited to get busy on my writing and, now I have a place to put it all. I realize that I have posted several pictures of me with no make up. It's Christmas morning, and besides, who am I kidding? I go without make up as often as I put it on.
We had a super awesome Christmas this year. Lots of time spent with family and friends. Lots of love passed around. Now we will just start counting down until next year. ;)

No comments: